Falsies can be tricky to master! Ever spent what feels like hours trying to apply them, only to be left with a sticky mess or ruined makeup? We know the struggle too well! Which is why we bring you our guide on how to apply false eyelashes. These fail-safe tips will have you applying your falsies like a pro!
How to Apply False Eyelashes
- Removing from the mould! Did you know, it’s super easy to damage your false lashes when removing them from the packaging? If removed without care, you can affect the way your lashes apply or even worse, damage the set all together! To safely remove false eyelashes from the clear mould, gentle place your thumb across the majority of the lashes and pull away gently. This will ensure you don’t pull out any of the delicate hairs or mis-shape the lash band in the process.
- Important preparation! Once the set have been removed, it’s important to prep your set to ensure it’s fits comfortably to your eye. Helpful hint! The more curved the lash band, the easier to apply. Take both ends of the lashes and ‘toggle’ back and forth to create a ‘U’ shape. This will help mould to the shape of your eye and avoid those pesky inner corners of the lash sticking up! Another essential prep tip on how to apply false eyelashes: cutting the set to fit! Hold the lash up against your eye and measure. If needed, use nail scissors to carefully cut any excess off the outer edge of the lash.
- Adding adhesive! Apply a thin line of a high quality lash glue across the band. If you struggle with this, try applying a small amount of glue to the tip of a makeup brush and run the lash band through the adhesive. Ensure you wait around 20 seconds or until the glue becomes tacky, before attempting to apply. This is important to avoid the lash slipping around and allow for effortless application. Remember, it’s best to apply falsies AFTER your eye make up complete, mascara included!
- Applying the lash! Our best advice on how to apply false eyelashes, is correct positioning! Looking down into a mirror is the best position when applying your luscious falsies! This allows you to have the best view of the lash line. With either your fingers or tweezers, sit the lash on the centre of the base of your lashes. Once close to the lash line, position the inner then outer corner in place. This method allows you to adjust the positioning for the most comfortable fit. Quick tip! Lash glue dries clear, so don’t stress if some is visible at first!
- Concealing the lash band! Some lash styles, in particular human and mink, can have a thicker lash band. Depending on your makeup look, this may be visible once your lashes have been applied. But, don’t stress! You can simply cover the band with a small line of liquid eyeliner, or matte black eyeshadow.
- Blending your natural lashes & falsies together! As mentioned earlier, applying mascara before false lashes can give a good base for application. This is also great if you want your lashes to last as long as possible! You can apply mascara after applying your falsies to help integrate the lashes. However, it is preferred to use your index finger and thumb to gentle press both your natural & false lashes together to create the most natural look <3
And there you have it, our full guide on how to apply false eyelashes for the most effortless application! Want to pair your perfect lash application skills with the perfect lashes? View our full 100% Human Hair & 100% Mink Lashes in the ZALA Lash Romance range. This luxury range offers 8 different styles to complete every eye look!