Curls are our fav go-to style at ZALA! Not to mention the most flawless way to wear extensions! So, we’ve served up a full tutorial on how to curl clip in hair extensions along with some tips and tricks for the most long lasting curl. Read on to see the best way to curl your ZALA’s!
How to Curl Clip In Hair Extensions
- Plug in your curling wand and set it to a low to medium heat. Our favourite tools for achieving perfect curls is the ZALA Cosmo Wand.
- Whilst the wand is heating up, brush through your set with a loop brush or ZALA tangle teaser to ensure there are no pesky knots & tangles.
- Take your first piece and prepare it for styling! The best way to keep your wefts in place whilst styling is the ZALA Protect Me Bag hanger. This little device can either hang or hook onto any surface and keep your extensions in place when styling! Not only does it make curling extensions super easy, it also helps to avoid any nasty burns by keeping each piece secure.
- Next, spritz with heat protectant and take an inch wide section to wrap around the wand. To demonstrate, we’re using the 25mm wand attachment which creates the perfect, every day curl.
- Hold for 5-8 seconds before releasing the hair and sliding the wand out from the curl.
- Now, to set your curls to last all day & night, this next steps important! Spray with a light mist of hairspray and secure the hair in its curled position with a bobby pin. This lets the hair cool and set in this position for super long lasting style!
- Leave the set to cool for at least half an hour, but overnight is ideal for best staying results! If you’re curling your ZALA’s the night before an event, you can safely store them away in the Protect Me Bag.
- Once you’ve allowed some time to cool, unclip the hair and apply your set as usual! You can either style your natural hair before or after applying your extensions.
- After applying all pieces, brush through carefully and finish with one last light spritz of hairspray!
And there you have it! Our full guide on how to curl clip in hair extensions and get the most long lasting curls! Don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube Channel (ZALA Hair Extensions) for even more hair how-to’s and extension tutorials.