HOW TO REUSE TAPE HAIR EXTENSIONS
Tape hair extensions are becoming increasing popular. Their subtle and discreet finish is too good to let pass! But many people do not know how to reuse tape hair extensions one they are removed.
Although tape hair extensions need to be adjusted every 4-6 weeks, the same hair can be reapplied once it has been re-taped.
If you want to know how to reuse tape hair extensions yourself read on, alternatively your hairdresser may know how to reuse tape hair extensions and can do the whole process for you!
Step by step- how to reuse tape hair extensions
1. after you have removed the tapes from your hair, apply lots of solvent to the tapes to get the excess glue off your tapes.
2. Once they no longer feel so sticky, you will need to wash them well. You will need to wash them with shampoo a couple of time to get the solvent out.
3. Give them a really good condition so that they are left silky but do not apply this conditioner to the bond area.
4. Once they are air dried, they should no longer feel sticky at the top where the tape was.
5. Find the bump side of the tape as this is the side where the tape goes.
6. Using the ZALA blue tape (available on our online store) unroll enough to cover the length of the piece, trying not to touch the sticky side of the tape too much.
7. Move any stray hairs out of the way.
8. Position the tape over the piece and do not press down properly until it is placed perfectly.
9. Once it is evenly placed over the piece, apply pressure over the tape.
10. Snip the tape so there is no excess tape on the ends or top of the piece.
Your extensions should now be good as new to re apply!