Hair is an important part of the human body and believe it or not, judging by the life of our hair we are able to tell what we are doing right and wrong healthwise. Diet and lifestyle are major contributing factors to the way our hair grows and shines. We have come up with 10 tips for healthy hair that we swear by. Follow these 10 tips for healthy hair for the best possible results that will leave you and your hair happy for a lifetime.
The Contributing factors: Diet
Our hair is an exceptional declaration of our internal health. The same way a shiny coat would specify a healthy animal, also indicates a healthy person. Our hair is constantly growing and requires a combination of nutrients to support strength and shine. If the correct protein and and nutrients are not being taken then our hair will be the first to show. Dull hair with a substantial amount of breakages and oily/dry roots are signs of unhealthiness. Some of the must have requirements within our diets for healthy hair include protein, essential fatty acids (fats), vitamin c, beta carotene, silica and magnesium. Diet plays a vital part in understanding 10 tips for healthy hair.
Our lifestyles play a huge part in the overall well-being and health of our hair. Bad habits like smoking and excessive heat damage are two major impacting factors that can create unhealthy hair. Smoking and stress having been linked to baldness means that the chemicals and toxins that make their way into the skin and hair follicles creates slower growth and hair thinning.
Heat damage and excessive dying and bleaching is by far the most common reason for unhealthy hair among most women. Excessive blow drying and hair straightening without heat protector will create severely heat-damaged hair. Cutting down on heat damage, hair supplements and a correct diet are always useful in promoting a healthier shine again. Read below as we list 10 tips for healthy hair to get you back on track with gorgeous shiny locks.
10 Tips for Healthy Hair
1) Supplements – Silica, spirulina and vitamin C capsules are great for promoting growth and sustaining a healthier shine through your hair.
2) Treatments and conditioners – Frequently using a hair treatment or organic conditioner on the hair are great ways to keep your hair extra silky.
3) Sleeping method – The satin pillow is important in stopping unwanted friction throughout your hair while you are asleep and unaware of your movements.
4) Brushing – Regularly brushing your hair is a very underrated technique to contribute towards hair growth. Brushing the hair and untangling unwanted knots promotes growth on the hair by the subtle pulling on the hair follicles.
5) Heat damage – Curling, straightening, blow-drying and dying the hair are great ways to change our looks as the seasons pass, especially when fashion and trends are always changing. However, over styling and over heating the hair is extremely unnecessary and causes extreme heat damage. Try letting your hair flow naturally for a week, no straightener, no hair dryer, and a minimal amount of product in the hair (not too many washes) is a great way to temporarily sustain your hair’s health.
6) Diet – Eat lots protein, magnesium and vitamin C infused foods for the best hair results.
7) Regular trims – Taking a frequent trip to the hairdresser for a quick trim will eventually take your hair through leaps and bounds in the growth department.
8) Hairstyles – Some people may or may not be aware but some of your hairstyle choices play a part in your hair’s health. Avoid tightly pulled ponytails and slick hair straightened locks and try more loose braids and plaits for the ultimate results.
9) Hair accessories – Although it may be easiest to jump out of bed and slip a simple rubber band on your hair, try investing in specially designed elastic hair bands that won’t cut into the hair causing breakage and knots.
10) Last but not least, drink up! Water is very underestimated in it’s healing abilities once it comes to hair. A cold water rinse will leave your hair nice and glossy and ready to go about your day. Water also reinforces vitamin consumption and helps efficient hair growth. Try drinking at least two litres of water a day and watch your hair gleam with happiness!
We hope these 10 tips for healthy hair has increased your knowledge on simple hair care.
A Few Extra Tips for Healthy Hair Extensions
1) Here at ZALA, our hair extensions are made of 100% human remy hair meaning they can be washed. However, washing hair extensions can shorten the life of them as they do not receive natural oils from the roots and scalp. Try to avoid washing them more than once every three months.
2) Although we allow for 5% shedding in the weights of our sets, always brush the extensions thoroughly to avoid excessive and unwanted shedding.
3) Always be sure to store your extensions in a flat dry place also avoiding sunlight.
For further information regarding ZALA clip in hair extension FAQ’S, please click here!