Tape hair extensions are truly one of the most revolutionary hair extension techniques on the market. They are mostly popular for their quick and easy application process. This also includes the long lasting and natural qualities they possess. Compared against other methods such as clip in, micro beads, keratin-tipped and braid in, tape hair extensions are also unique in that they can be re-applied up to four times when using high quality hair. Here at ZALA, our hair is extra thick, AAAAA grade, 100% remy hair. In the next few paragraphs, we show you the simple DIY technique we use on how to remove tape hair extensions.
But first of all.. why tape hair extensions?
- Here at ZALA, we pride ourselves on selling the highest quality tape hair extensions under $250.
- We sell the strongest 100% European Remy Virgin human hair.
- The tape is strong and USA made, lasting up to 8 weeks once applied.
- Our tape hair extensions are undetectable and ultra comfortable!
- The application process can take only up to 30 minutes.
- Our tape hair extensions have a high composition with thick ends or we offer a 30 day money back guarantee.
- Our tape hair extensions are available in the 20/40/60 piece packs at competitive prices.
- We offer wholesale and stockist packs.
- No heat, glue or painful wefts are required!
- Our tape hair extensions can be easily re-taped.
- We offer our tape hair extensions in 17 different shades and 20/24 inch packs.
- This blog offers you informative assistance on how to remove tape hair extensions.
How to remove tape hair extensions
Step 1: Locate
First of all, locate all the starting points between the tape hair extensions and your own hair. This may be easier if you tie up all your remaining hair with sectioning clips or elastic bands.
Step 2: Spray
After locating the tapes, spray on our ZALA tape hair extensions solvent/glue remover. (This is a great cleaner/remover without the harsh chemicals; this solvent is fast acting on most soft bonds adhesives and tapes while still being gentle on the skin). Do not use a sparse amount of solvent, you must be generous while spraying to ensure you have enough solvent to remove the adhesive on the tape. A limited amount of solvent will work poorly.
Step 3: Apply
If while removing the tape hair extensions you feel that your own hair is pulling therefore causing damaging friction, keep applying the solvent until the tapes are removed easily without anymore pull on your own natural hair.
Step 4: Wash
There is a slight possibility that all the tapes may still not be 100% removed. We would highly recommend for you to wash your hair with cold water, while also scrubbing quite forcefully. But be sure that you are also gentle enough not to damage your own roots. Use an adequate amount of shampoo on your hair until your hair is completely clean. Be sure to never use hot water for the wash as there is a slight chance it will melt the adhesive on the tape. The reason for cold water is because it solidifies the glue, and as a result it will remove the adhesive.
Step 5: Dry
Even while drying your hair after you have washed it use a cold setting as hot air will have the same effect that hot water has on the adhesive.
Step 6: Comb
After you have dried your hair, comb through efficiently to remove any remaining pieces of tape. The key on how to remove tape hair extensions is to be patient and coherent, and you will achieve great results with little to no great deal of effort.
For information regarding our tape hair extensions, please click here