Unfortunately, with all clip in hair extensions, the clips can sometimes come loose or even break. However, not to worry! They can be easily replaced, similar to sewing a new button onto a shirt. The team at ZALA have put together a full guide on how to replace clips on hair extensions along with an in-depth video tutorial on the process. You’ll be super surprised at how easy it really is!
How to Replace Clips on Hair Extensions
Although our clips at ZALA have been designed to be super sturdy and strong, in rare situations they make come loose or break. This can also happen as a result of general wear & tear. Remember, every ZALA clip in sets comes with 2 spare clips in the rare case this happens.
For you sewing pros, this will be super easy! However if you’re not familiar with using a needle and thread, don’t stress! Let’s get into exactly how to replace clips on hair extensions. All you need is:
- Thread in a similar colour to your set of hair extensions
- A needle
- Spare clips (if broken) again, in a similar colour to your extensions
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED:
- Measure and cut roughly 50cm of thread and thread through the eye of the needle till both ends meet.
- Tie 2-3 knots at the ends of the thread and cut off any excess.
SEWING THE CLIPS:
- Take the new clip and align in place. Ensure the holes of the clip are aligned with the wefts as best as possible for the more secure hold.
- If you’re starting with a side clip, sew 2-3 through each hole around the side of the weft. Always ensure the thread is on top of the needle and is wrapping around the side of the piece.
- Once you’ve sewn through each hole, tie a few knots to secure into place.
- Then, to attach the other side and to sew on clip in the middle of the weft, start sewing through the top hole and use an under and over motion.
- Repeat a few times and tie to secure in place.
- Reinforce the hold by sewing a few loops over the middle section of the clip and tie to secure.
And there you have it! Exactly how to replace clip on hair extensions.