Valentine’s is a mere two days away from now, so it’s pretty hard to not get excited. Don’t worry, we’re probably just as excited as you are!
For this year, we’re bringing back two of our oldie-but-goodie hairstyles that would be absolutely perfect for Valentine’s Day!
If you’re going for a romantic, more formal look, this is the hairstyle for you. It looks really complex but the truth is, it’s really easy and you can do this without any help. Due to the way it’s done though, it does look better with thicker hair, so if you have thinner hair or wispier hair, you might benefit more from attaching tape-in hair extensions that match your hair color.
- After attaching tape-in hair extensions (if applicable), start by curling your hair using the ZALA 4-in-1 Cosmo Curling Wand. Make sure to keep the portions just the right size – not too big and not too small.
- Section off your hair into 4 parts. You can clamp the remaining hair to ensure that it stays out of your face.
- Next, take one side of the bottom section and tie it into a low side ponytail. Take a little bit of the hair and wrap it around your ponytail. pinning it in place.
- Take small pieces of your hair and continue wrapping it around your ponytail. Remember to use alternate directions to give this look more layers and texture.
- For the longer layers, braid them first into a regular three-strand braid before taking the middle strand and pushing the rest upwards. This creates more texture for your hair.
- Repeat the process until there is no untied hair remaining.
- Style as necessary.
Here’s a video to make things clearer!
Another one of our favorite Valentine’s Day braids that are easy to do, yet still look so charming and complicated. The beginning process looks similar to our Valentine’s Updo hairstyle like above, but with this one, you don’t need to pin the hair up. It’s still suitable for more formal events but would look fabulous even on a casual date!
- Do step 1 and 2 from the Valentine’s Updo tutorial.
- Instead of sectioning your hair into three parts, this time you only need to do two: one main section and one smaller section. Simply tie your hair in a low side ponytail and leave out a small section at the front. Make sure to use some of your hair to cover the elastic.
- Split your ponytail in two then take a small piece from each side, pulling them over into the middle. It’s going to look like two big pieces, with one small piece on each side going over the bigger piece. Keep doing this all the way down.
- For added volume, use your fingers to loosen up the braids.
- Remember the section we left out at the front earlier? Take that and wrap it around the elastic on the ponytail to hide it.
- Pin it in place and style as necessary.
See, we told you it was easy! Good luck on that Valentine’s date! And for more hairstyles, check out the ZALA blog!PUBLISHED 12TH FEBRUARY 2019