Tired of your current hair and excited to transform it into something new for a change?
Hair extensions are the answer to your problem. With hair extensions, you don’t need to worry about damaging your natural hair during styling or having to wait a long time just to grow it out.
In today’s article, we’ll feature one of the most popular hair extension types here at Zala tape-in hair extensions!
What are Zala Tape-In Hair Extensions?
As the name implies, tape-in hair extensions are hair extensions with tapes at the base of the wefts. The hair extensions sandwich two thin strips of your hair with adhesives. They’re attached as near to the roots as possible for a natural look.
Because Zala tape-ins use very thin tapes, these extensions neither look nor feel bulky. They’re also very easy to hide and blend with your own hair no matter how many pieces you wear.
If you’re especially worried about the tapes, you can even opt for our special Invisi-Tape Hair Extensions. They’re made to be very discreet and natural, to make sure that your tape-ins can remain cleverly hidden no matter what you do.
Why Wear Zala Tape-In Hair Extensions
Zala tape-in hair extensions are very easy to wear and remove. You can transform your hair within 30-60 minutes max, depending on how many tapes you use.
After 6-8 weeks, you can either reuse your tape-ins immediately or store them away for future use. As long as you make sure to take care of them properly and keep them in good condition, you can always reuse your Zala tape-ins.
Other than that, Zala tape-in hair extensions are also not damaging to your strands. That’s why this semi-permanent option is also a good solution if you’re waiting to grow out your own hair or if you’re resting from too many chemical treatments.
How to Wear Tape-In Hair Extensions
For best results, you might prefer to have your Zala tape-ins applied by your professional hairdresser. This is because tape-ins can be tricky to wear for complete beginners. But if you’re willing to go through the process yourself, then here are the steps.
- Make sure your hair is clean and dry.
- Section your hair starting from the bottom. Part your hair about one inch above the nape. If you’re going to wear an updo, a slightly higher starting point would be better.
- Of the sectioned hair, get a thin strip of your hair.
- Remove the adhesive cover on the tape-in and apply it on the underside of the hair strip you have as close to the roots as you can without compromising the movement and comfortability of your hair.
- Get the second piece of tape-in, remove its adhesive cover and apply it on top of the same strip of hair.
- Secure the tape-ins in place by pressing them together with your fingers.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 as you work your way horizontally across the section. Make sure to leave at least 1cm between the sandwiches of thin hair strips.
- Work your way up repeating steps 2-7 with the next section at least 1 inch above the previous one.
- When you’re working on a section on the sides, make sure not to place the tape-ins too forward so that your hair extensions remain concealed and secret.
Using Tape-In Hair Extensions to Style Your Hair
With tape-in hair extensions, it’s very easy to pull off a wide range of hairstyle options depending on the occasion. It doesn’t matter if you’re going for straight strands or loose waves. You can even tie your hair in a ponytail, a bun, or a braid.
We’ve got plenty of length and color options here at Zala, including less common styles like balayage, so you don’t have to limit yourself when choosing the perfect Zala tape-in hair extensions for you.
Now, there’s no more reason to hold back on that hair transformation you want. You can even explore hairstyle options you never considered with your own hair.
For more hair extension tips and tricks, don’t forget to check out our Zala blog!